Help!!!!!!

My daughter had a very painful, hard, and big bowel movement 2 days ago...the bowel movement made her bleed a little and i tryed Karo Syrup and just started giving her 1/2 prune juice and 1/2 water yesterday...how long till it softens her poo??? Please help!!! BTW...she is almost 8 months old

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try giving her a little bit of mineral oil through a med dropper. like 1/2 tsp to a 1 tsp...once a day. it will really soften them and lube it a little. for the tearing put a 50/50 mic of neosporin pain and vaseline on her bottom. it eases the pain a little. if this happens often talk to her dr. my son had to be put on a daily stool softne till he was 2 his was so bad. u can also help dig it out when shes struggling with a thermometer and vaseline. its not fun but it tends to help relieve them. Good luck, its definatly not fun~!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Prune juice should work before the end of the day. You need to try to figure out what she ate to get her in this predicament to start with. Have you given her any new foods in the last few days?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 1:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Prune juice worked for my 7 month old son. I just did 1 oz of juice and about 6 hours later....let's just say he was all cleared out. LOL. I do agree to ask your MD if this happens often.
    BallardMama

Answer by BallardMama at 2:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2009