This completely floored me!

I just responded to a post about when to let your daughter wear makeup and it reminded me of my last trip to the mall. I dont mean to judge, but I really wanted to slap this mother. I was in Vanity and they have a underwear rack by the pants I was looking at, this little girl I am guessing no older than 9 was looking at the provocative panties. I didnt think much, shes bored waiting for mom, etc. UNTIL, the mother walks up and the lil girl is like mom i really like these. The mom starts looking through the rack and pulls out a lace thong saying this would look good on her (the daughter!). I was literally standing right next to them frozen in schock. I could not understand what the hell was going on as the continued to approach the register thong in hand and pay for this xs thong! The reason I thought of the other post was because this lil girl had the full face of make up, eyeshawdo, mascara, lipstick, etc. I still cnt believe

Trotterswife

Asked by Trotterswife at 12:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Question?
    Anonymous

• uh yeah, there are way to many of those "little" girls walking around. Not under my roof. No make up until 16 and she can wear all the sexy panties she wants when she moves out. My dd is 7 almost 8 and already looks older than she is. She's tall for her age and developing a chest, lets not add insult to injury and make her look even older with makup and adult clothing. IMO little girls should dress like little girls.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Sorry just realized I stuck this as a question and not a regular post... havent had my coffee yet...
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• This is exactly why I am sooo thankful that I have a son!! I don't have to worry about the sexy panties and the makeup and the revealing clothing...don't get me wrong, I know I am going to have my share of things to deal with, but I think it MAY be easier than that stuff :)
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 1:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• WOW! Is all I can say. Thats amazing to me. That mom is gonna end up a grandma in a few years. Is that mean to say? Oh whatever its true. As far as makeup goes I've been thinking about this one. I have one daughter and another on the way. I think really light make up (lip gloss) as 13 is ok. No eye liner, blush, mascara till high school though.
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 1:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I am so glad I have a son also. Too much too soon too all at once with texting , facebook, myspace and all that cyber stuff of course girls want to be hot. Those cotton panties just so don't make it cool anymore. Too fast too early for these young pre menstrual girls. Imagine after getting it, they'll probably want a brazilian wax at 10.
    Anonymous

• That is crazy. I admit, my DD is now 14 & went through a really heavy make up stage for a few months. At that point, I let it go for a bit & let her realize on how own how ridiculous she really looked. It didn't take her long at all, lol. My little girls--ages 5 & 6--can wear chapstick but that's it. And ALL of them have cotton panties (in cute prints, of course). But no lacey thongs for my little girls.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i think girls like that are more prone to preditares.i def wouldnt encourge that behaver.she will pro be one of those mothers that steal there kids boyfreinds
    Anonymous

• Well, the only thing i could say is that she couldve been like i was, i looked like a little girl in the face for a LONG time...but if she really was 9, that mom is asking for it!! BIG TIME and thats a shame!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2009