wardrobe malfunction at beach!

My 19 y.o. daughter would be mortified if she knew! I've taught her to be hygenic with shaving and so on for the beach as she has just switched to wearing a two piece bikini. She does have a clean bikini line but when she bends over her pubic hair curls out from her "lips" to her anal area! I don't think she knows this.. How do I tell her without letting her know that her pubic hair is sticking out and her being mortified?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• She would rather hear it from you than a stranger. Just make sure you tell her privately, not in front of a group of people.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 1:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Maybe you could give her a gift certificate for a brazilian wax? Or treat her to a spa day & include that? If she questions your motives, just say since she has a cute bathing suite, you want to make sure she looks her best. She will probably get the hint.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well, just be totally honest with her. I mean wouldn't you want somebody to tell you if you had that "situation" going on? I know that I certainly would! I think that she may be embarrassed, but I think that she would be thankful and appreciative that you told her. And I honestly think it would be better coming from you. And it would be terrible if people were laughing about it behind her back!
    Anonymous

• Funnyface's idea is very kind and may work. Your daughter may actually grasp why you are doing this, and it could save her a bit of embarrassment.

I would be inclined to tell her up front, myself. Wording it as delicately as possible. Maybe even mentioning that there was a young woman on the beach that you saw bending over and that this happened (not a lie, just not necessary to say that she was the one,) and that just in case you thought that you should mention this to her so that she wouldn't be embarrassed as that other woman was sure to be.

Answer by Bmat at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I like Bmat's idea as well. I've done that with my DD who is 14. If I notice something that is happening or whatever, I will tell a "story about a friend of mine" who had that same issue. It makes DD double check herself & usually solves whatever the problem is. Sometimes I will even say it happened to me (even if it didn't, lol) so that way it makes her feel less embarrassed.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• She may know and not care.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I wouldve told her as soon as I saw it because my daughter would be mad if I saw a flaw on her and didnt tell her. Shes always worried about how she looks.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 2:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2009