Gross, TMI - period question

So my baby is 2 months old now... I got my first visit from AF. I've never been a heavy bleeder... but this time is much different. Just this morning, I completely soaked through a SUPER absorbancy tampon - in only an hour. I didn't realize it until I got up to get more coffee, and my pants were soaked through. Is this normal?? Should I contact my OBGYN? BTW, I'm on low-dose single hormone BC (the mini pill) if that makes any difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• I soak threw the super duper ones on my first day and then tapers off afetr that. Iw ould go on how you feel personally. It is not abnormal for that heavy of bleeding.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I've always heard that the first few periods after birth are pretty heavy, I wouldnt know since I breastfeed my DD for over a year and had an IUD witch kept me from having a period till I pulled out the IUD to get pregnant with my second. However I would be freaked out and if it continues much longer I would call my doc.
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 1:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The 1st few periods are heavier and more painful.Some women develop cervical cysts (usually harmless) right after birth and they contribute to the pain. My daughter is 8 months old and my periods have just started to get back to what they were, however they come earlier every month i'm not sure what thats about but i digress. My periods have always been pretty regular, and i haven't been on birth control in 7 years. Once I got off of it for good, my periods were unbearable for the first year after (which convinced me that B/C wasnt for me), much worse then after having the child itself. It depends on the person, but it goes away soon enough i hope ur doctor gave u good pain meds to last a few months (only take them for ur 1st few days of ur 1st few periods. If ur experiencing heavy clots (blood chunks bigger than a silver dollar) and ur doubled over in pain see ur doc immediately.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009