Do you know your Father?

Just Curious if everyone knows their Father?? I never met mine. I don't even know his name! The RN at the hospital I was born in Kept me! Everyone involved Died with that Secret! So I never knew who he is/Was... Its Sad for me! Having No name, History Etc.. No I wasn't Adopted. Just kept by the RN where I was Born at... So Father's Day is A Toughie for me! Any one Else go through this Too?? I have nothing to share with my Daughters or Grand sons!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 1:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• What do you mean she kept you? Did she kidnap you? Because if so than you could go to the police and they will help you.

Anonymous

• I know my father. ...but i wish i didnt.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• ii know mine but if he were to disapear i would be just happy with that...maybe its for the best that u dont know him and maybe u should celebrate with the RN who is now ur mother or the man who took over the father role....yes you do have a history and a family history its that of ur MOM the RN...you tell ur kids about her thats ur family now...GL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The last time I saw my father was when I was 2. He never kept in touch and moved on with his other family. I personally don't care. My mom did an awesome job of raising me ad don't miss or wonder about my dad at all.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I found the RN Dead when I was Just 13!! I Lived A Sad Lied to horrible 'Abused Life! Her Iitterate ill, Drunk Husband Was the Meanest Man that Ever lived !! I have Scars Every where...My Life was Ruined by them. Like you would not or could not Ever imagine my Horror I survived! My Bio Mom Died at age 47 from Breast Cancer! I saw her when she was Dying. I was 19 & Pregnant!! She couldn't Tell me Anything! But I survived A Shatterd Horrible Life!! Animals Had it Better!! I just wished I for once had Someone! I wished I had A Name! Someone to know wanted me!? Never Ever in my Life did anyone Care about me! It was What I could do for them! I was like A Slave in A way...
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well you have friends here. And it sounds like you have a family of your own now. Make it the best and form your own history with them. Some times it just easier not to look back. I knew my father lived in the same house But he never cared for me or wanted me around.( can't say as I was abused but I can say I was neglected a fathers love) Only remember hugging my dad one time in my life and that was when I was 24 and my younger brother died. And that was because I just walked up and did it , ( not like he had a choice) He really wanted all sons . ( i had 3 brothers that made him happy that he did things with ) But me Happy in your life now, make it the best that you can. best wishes
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I met him a year ago last April. He is a nice man, but I feel nothing for him. It makes me sad, but I am to old to forge ahead with making a relationship when I feel so uncomfortable. It is mainly my mom's fault for not telling him I was ever born, but she did tell him she was pregnant. We did a DNA test, and everything. I had mixed feelings about getting to know him, but after I went through an uncomfortable stretch with him, I just don't feel obligated to take it any further. I just have been deciding to explain this in a letter, or not. He never followed up with my mom. The step-dad I got (by the way lied to and told he was my real dad for just near 15 years) was a monster!!!! So I am left with no real father figure, and a whole lot of anger toward my mom that only recently came out after years of suppression. So, I met my Dad, but don't know him after a year of trying. I'm just to tired and old for it anymore.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I meant to say BE happy in your life now... not me happy ( even thou I am happy now.. lol)
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i'm sorry for your life, and really grateful for what i have. I wish you the best, truly, and you will get the good things you deserve, if not already, then someday...just be hopeful.......My son is 8 and has never met his shithead father (he's lucky to have an awesome stepdad, but that's only been true for a year), When he asked me about his father, I tried not to bash or talk ill of him, that's against my morals, but I told him that God might have another plan for your father. His job was to help create you (my son), and there is something else besides raising you that He has assigned for him (son's dad). In the back of my mind I wanna punch the bastard for not giving a shit, but at the same time, if he was in my son'slife, he would do nothing but hurt and disappoint him anyway, then i'd have to pick up the pieces. Someone like that doesn't deserve to know his child.In his defense, maybe your mother didnt tell him.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I know my father. Was raised with him,etc.
    We had a falling out a few years ago but are rebuilding our relationship now.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009