In Honor of Father's Day- How is your Dad/ Step Dad/ FIL as good dad? pt 2

How is your dad or stepfather a good dad? How about your FIL?
For your dad or step dad ,did your relationship with your dad/ step dad impact how you viewed men and your relationship with men as an adult?
For you DH, did how he was raised impact how he treats women and how he is a father and husband?

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 1:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband's father was a gentle man who let his wife run the show. I wanted our marriage to be 50/50 and it is now, but it took some working on.

My relationship with my father led me to trust and care about my husband.

My father worked two jobs when we were little. He'd come home, wolf down a meal, and be gone to the second job in a half hour. He attended church regularly and taught us about honor. He was a kind and gentle man, the first of his family to attend college. He put 5 children through college.

Answer by Bmat at 1:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I LOVE my dad! Hes the best! He has always been there for me even when i would mess up relly bad. We had a rocky time about a year after he got married but after that short time we became closer then ever. He still helps me to this day if i need it. When me and my DH moved at the begining of the year we were tight on money and the military messed up his pay so we didnt have any money for food so we were eating pb and j for over 2 weeks till we were out of bread. So i called my mom and she wouldnt send me any money to get food but when i called my dad he sent me 200! And hes tight for money aswell because my stepmom passed not to long ago and he got laid off work. But he still gave me the money because he knew i wouldnt ask if i didnt need it. yes it made a huge impact on how i view men today. If they arnt willing to support me and their kid then to hell with them. My dad made me relize how many bad men are out there
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My dad is the greatest man who has ever lived.

And yeah, my XH is exactly like his father - they're both POS - as a husband, father, anything.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My fil is an amazing man
    My bd is a ass who I haven't had a real relationship with in years but havent talked to in 4 years but I still love him.

My step-dad is such a wonderful man I love him so much he has raised me for the past 12 years and I look up to him so much and hes a wonderful grandpa to my dd
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009