This time in English: Christians: Do you use the Bible as a *guide* to follow the Word of God.

sorry about that, I typed in a hurry so I could go get some food. :-) my fake fiance is on at 1 and I want to make sure we have the proper junk to chill and makes it a girls afternoon. The reason I ask is because I am Catholic and we use a lot of doctrine and of course the catechism. that idea seem to freak out a few people. Some are so outraged I think they are going to building me a jacuzzi suite in hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do because the bible is the word of God.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well of course! God gave us the bible to be our guide! Every bible is worded the same just a little different wording! But it means the same thing. That's why I don't understand why everybody is taught so differentially! I am a Christian!

Anonymous

• I believe the Bible is the literal Word of God. I don't worship it, but I love it. I don't believe it is a god in iteslf, but it is the words spoken to us by God and it is holy.

One of the names of Jesus is, "The Word of God." The words in the Bible are alive and true, spoken by God and powerful. I believe Scripture is soooo powerful.

"For the word of God [is] living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb. 4:12
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Anon 1052
    The reason there are so may different form of christianity is because f biblical interpretations. Like so many christians go to church on Sunday instead of Saturday because they believe that it desn't matter what day the yworship on and yes they are rgiht, But God nowhere in the bible moved his holy day from the seventh to the first. I know the Lord's Day argument but that was just a ressurection, not God moving the holy day. Just like this church I was going to, they believe we are angels who sinned and that this earth is the modern city of refuge and that we HAVE to do passover to gfet into heaven and believe in the mother god. They can prove this to you in scripture. But so can every other chrstian religion. That's why there are so many unfortunatly. Satan has taken the truth and twisted it in the minds of men. A babel if you will. But instead of language the truth has been messed with.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• the reason we go to church on Sunday and not Saturday is because when the Christian church started the Jewish people already had Saturday. Now I know someone will come in here and give a very documented explanation but the down and dirty reason is we wanted to separate ourselves. Not that there is anything wrong with it.
    Anonymous

• So wait anon the christians wanted to sepereate themselves from the jews so they chose sunday instead of saturday? This is a new one can you pm me please and explain.?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I beleive you will look in the bible and see they shook the dust from their feet...meaning the Jewish people did not wish to hear the Word and as they left the city the shook the dust from their feet not wanting to even take the dirt with them. Now if they didn't want dirt it stands to reason they wanted to separate themselves. Just like many protestant churches do what they can to separate themselves from the Catholic Church
    Anonymous

• ooo the "they" that left the city is the apostles not the Jewish people. :=)
    Anonymous

• this could be a long debate or fight whichever way you roll, honestly. Have you heard of the game telephone?

And really is Noah condemned cause he was not "Christs follower", He followed God.

I really doubt God will condemn those that are not followers of christ of mauls interpretations.
    Anonymous

• Any thought to why Government separates from church? Its not religion(like how Government started). It's mostly opinion, culture and perception and interpretations.
    Anonymous