Is there any mom's out there who have a hard time with father's day?

In example: Mom's out there who do not have a close relationship with their dad's or who's kids have a POS for a "baby daddy"?

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My XH is a POS, but that doesn't make me have a hard time w/ Father's Day. We spend it with my dad, grandpa, BIL, friends, etc. - All the great dads in our lives kinda make up for the one POS.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• we're having a hard time this year. it's our first since my husband passed away last july.
    tomorrow we will go see his parents , i know it's going to be really hard on his dad also. tomorrow makes 11 months to the day since denny passed away.
    we're also going to a cook out at my brothers house to spend time with my daddy.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 2:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'm Sorry for your loss justjacki.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My husband and I are going through a divorce, and on top of it, my daughters birthday party is tomorrow on Father's Day....so talk about having a hard time.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I am sorry, Justjacki. Very sad.

My husband is leaving on a week long trip tomorrow, so Father's Day isn't especially exciting for me. And actually a bit sad because my father died a number of years ago and I miss him.

Answer by Bmat at 2:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I went to get cards for my fil and step-dad and cryed because I haven't talked to my real dad in 4 years, and even though we had a falling out I still love him.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My husband and I are in the process of seperating and I just starting thinking that I have always done everything for him for fathers day, 'from the kids'. And because they are still so little, I will this year too. Which is good, because he is really upset about our family breaking up. (But that's what happens when you cheat, buddy)
    I'm going to make him a chocolate cake, and have the boys put on some decorations or something. I hope it cheers their dad up, and helps him to think that he can still be a wonderful dad, even if he's not living with us anymore.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 7:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009