President Obama, is he really misleading us already with the abortion?

I have read that he is in agreement with the late abortion if a child has mental problems or something is wrong with the child that could possibly harm mom. That sickens me. As well as younger girls are able to have an abortion as well. When will it stop. These children didnt ask to be here, and the moms know what sex is and common sense where a baby comes from. Now on the subject of the younger girls like rape victims or some drastic situation, I feel they should go ahead and carry the baby and adoption is always an option.. I mean there are so many different views but its still another life being taken. What if your mom killed you? What if you were a mistake and someone decided to just get rid of you? You would never have a chance at life. We should all think of these things. No one is ever really prepared to have a child...

laydlexius

Asked by laydlexius at 2:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Good for you for feeling so passionate about your opinion.

However, that is your opinion and never ever is the whole world going to agree with you, sorry.
    Anonymous

• well of course my opinion but i just want to know how everyone feels about the situation
    laydlexius

Answer by laydlexius at 2:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• So what do you want us to do with all of these babies now?
    1.3 MILLION abortions are performed each year in the US while less than 200,000 adoptions occur. It isn't because there aren't enough kids in need of parents, that's for damn sure.
    Let's start with PREVENTION and free BC, and ACCESS to it, then, let's start with reforming the adoption process, so that it doesn't cost an insane amount of money to adopt, while we're at it, let's do something with the foster care system, so that kids aren't bounced from foster home to foster home only to find themselves underloved and alone when they turn 18 and they're suddenly "ready" to start their lives.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• those are great opinions and I agree we should find a way to get the children that are already here somewhere to live and also it shouldnt cost that much to adopt. My god mother fostered 2 children because of abusive parents and she loved them so much she adopted them. I feel that my only complaint is the fact that late abortions sound ridiculous and shouldnt be allowed. Alot of the un adopted children guarentee u they have some sort of disability. People dont want to take that extra step. I love hearing your opinions just clearly want to know how you guys feel about the subject not trying to argue...
    laydlexius

Answer by laydlexius at 2:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have never been big on the abortion thing till i got raped. I had an abortion as soon as i could because it was so hard knowing that apart of that guy was still in me and i couldnt get him out. I was only 15. I agree with the fact that adoption shouldnt cost so much...and people shouldnt adopt kids from other countries because some famous person wants "a real african baby" ugh that makes me so mad! But anyways there are just so many kids already that cant get out of the adoption system and are in it their whole life so why add more kids to that when there are people who it is better for them to abort because they would just be doing drugs and causing the child to have more dificulty in life. Just one more thing to look at.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I just wanted to add that Late term abortions are only done for medical reasons. Now, I think those medical reasons should be more clearly defined, but you can't just have one on demand.
    I also don't think consent should be required for underage girls to get abortions, but I do support notification after the procedure is done. It's just that there are too many people out there, parents, who would NEVER consent, thinking it is a closed issue, then you find out that girl paid someone to beat her up, or drank excessively, or took some other drastic measure to induce miscarriage.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The moving force behind the legalization of abortions was emergency room doctors who were sickened by the number of dead maimed women who turned to illegal and self induced abortions out of desparation.
    Girls like Becky Bell are the reason why we should not have parental notification: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/issues-action/abortion/mandatory-parental-involvement/articles/remembering-becky-bell-6153.htm, not to mention the ones who have parents who will kick them out of the house or hurt them for getting pregnant.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• abortion is murder,those babies have heartbeats thats taken a life,even if your raped give it up for adoption lots of people out her cant have kids and would take them ,it makes me sick people getting abortions those babies have a chance to have a home,millions of people out here will do anythink to have a baby,its not fair to abort them,it should be against the law ,people go to jail for murder what the hell is the difference in abortion.
    laneyb27

Answer by laneyb27 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

Then why are there so many kids in foster care??? Oh, that's right, because rich people only want brand spanking new infants, my bad.  Again, I'll point this out to you specifically:

1.3 million abortions per year

less than 200,000 adoptions (btw, this includes US couples adopting foreign orphans)

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• To: laneyb27, so you must also be anti-military and anti war. If abortion is murder, then killing a living, breathing human must also be murder.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2009