Do you floss every day?

I'm desperately trying to adopt the flossing-every-day habit. My parents didn't see it as a huge deal, and as a result I have oh, I dunno, four or five cavities in my mouth right now. I'd like to keep at least a few of my teeth until I'm old >:(

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dentist said to floss every day, so I do. It is part of my teeth cleaning routine. I floss, rinse with anti-plaque mouthwash, brush with an electric toothbrush, then brush with a manual toothbrush.

And for flossing, it isn't just slipping the floss between the teeth and pulling it out, it is slipping the floss between the teeth and then pulling the ends of the floss across both of the two teeth, one at a time, to catch a little below the gum.

Answer by Bmat at 2:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• yep, I do. well I try to, but sometimes I forget. lol but I would say on average I do at least 5 days out of the week
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I never did until I had a job and began snacking during my breaks. I'd use the ladies room before returning to work and one day I noticed pieces of my snack stuck between my teeth....ew! So I bought some floss to bring to work and flossed after each snack I ate there. Then I began buying the trial sized mouthwash to rinse my mouth with after flossing.
    Since beginning that routine I began flossing and rinsing routinely at home and it has become second nature.
    I hope you are able to incorporate flossing into your daily routine. Keep the floss in plain sight so you can't miss it everytime you brush your teeth.
    I wish you well.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I do, I floss after every meal. This is due to having really bad teeth that are now corrected. Now that my mouth is pretty again, I would like to keep it that way.

MorbidFraggle

Answer by MorbidFraggle at 8:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009