A TMI question, but a major concern for me about poop

Since I've been pregnant with my daughter (she's now 8 months) I've had lose stools (but not always diahrrea), it smells really bad (even gas) it's never been like this before, i plug my own nose when i have a B.M., and I have hemorrhoids. I have no health insurance or money to see a doctor at this time, so I'd like to know if this happens to some people. I also can't lay on my back on one side because it feels like a knife is in me.I know I have gall bladder issues, but does it really cause all this nonsense...HELP! especially if ur a medical professional

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• Well it does sound like the gallbladder has so many stones you are having the typical side effects of when it's gone anyway....it's functioning as it is. BUT still having it you can in addition to the "bathroom issues" you can have the attacks with the aweful pain. When I had the gallbladder attacks it didn't effect my stomach, but my upper back and chest, I always felt like I couldn't breathe.....for hours.

If you are already experiencing the side effects in addition to the attacks you might as well have it removed and get rid of the attacks.....over time the extremes of the bathroom issues do lessen...like I said I got down to maybe having "yellow jello" issues to 1-2 times a month rather than daily....i'm only experiening this more because of my current pregnancy!

I can only recommend that when you have insurance get it done, it's better than living with both aspects!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had hemorrhoids for a while also. I had extremely painful bowels for 2 months...plus they bled whenever (if ever) I went. They weren't big...mostly internal & maybe a small one on the outside. My BMs were big & hard. I started drinking Smooth Moves herbal laxative tea & it helped SO MUCH. But I had no idea what to suggest for your loose stools. My gas is TERRIBLE! It smells like poop. It's only been like this recently b/c my stool has been soft & loose like yours. I've been constipated, so I release gas instead of making a BM...and if I do, it's soft & loose. I like to go to WebMD and do a bit of research. I usually can find a home remedy.
    Anonymous

• You say you have gall bladder issues....have you had it removed? I had my gallbladder removed about 4½ years ago because during my last pregnancy I had undiagnosed gallstones....so many it looked like a solid mass on the ultrasound they finaly gave me. One side effect of NOT having a gallbladder is horrible stomach cramps and aweful diarrhea. I decribe what my specific gallbladder "dumps" as yellow jello....it's bile that the gallbladder normally processes and no longer can (and if you have a failing gallbladder or stones this can happen too)....it burns, it's neon yellow in color and has a gel like looking consistancy.

When I 1st had it removed I had this daily...then only if I ate greasy food or drank coffee, there are certain triggers for everyone. Recently it was maybe 1-2 times a month, until now that i'm pregnant again, I have it almost daily once more.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have not had it removed, cuz i cant afford the surgery right now, nor do I think I want it because my whole family had their's removed and I don't think the side effectsof the surgery are much better than the problem itself.. My sisters have those side effects, my mom did and nowshe has colitis which I really dont want...Why does everything thats wrong with me have something to do with my poor ass? See I recently had a baby and like my mom, that made it worse than before i got pregnant. i'd hate to give up food, because I'm Italian so anything I cook triggers it, and I like my spices! Damn it! why me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well thanks alot. I dont get attacks very often, but at least i know THAT's what's wrong with me and not something else...Thanks for your advice!!! Have a good day
    Anonymous