Not wanting a relationship

I was seeing this guy for a while and we broke up dated other people and his ex as well as mine were just crazy anyways, so we hooked up again basically just a sex thing, he does spend the night with me, he calls and texts me during the day. Comes and sees me at work and bring me lunch etc. One day he said he didnt want a relationship with me because of his ex, well last night I said i know you want me more then just for a friend and sex, and he said he pleaded the 5th. What does that mean to you? After he came and see me today while I was at work he texted me not even 10 minutes later and said he missed me already. Give me your opinion of my issue thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• My opinion is that he seems to be playing you. The non-answer he gave when you asked about your relationship tells all. Perhaps you should move on.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• He's scared. ( sounds like to me ) wants it but not sure where it will go.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• OP here, I do believe he is scared cause his last 2 exs before me where just evil bitches to him and I am good to him, we had a great relationship while it lasted. I know he is not interested in anyone else, I know he talks about me at work and gets jealous when I go on dates with other guys, he has told me as well as the guys he works with. Thanks 4 your opinions.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't have to give you a commitment and still gets what he wants. Yes men are like this. lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well, you can take his pleading the 5th two ways: people do that when they don't want to incriminate themselves. So,either he doesn't want to tell you that he doesn't want a relationship b/c he thinks you'll stop sleeping with him (would you?), OR he doesn't want to admit that he wants a relationship. Which do I think it is? Well, you're basically giving him everything he'd get out of a relationship, plus he has the freedom to do whatever else he wants and say, "But we're not in a relationship" if you find out. So......I'd be inclined to think the first one. If I were you, and you really want things to change, you need to issue an ultimatum and follow thru if he doesn't want a relationship. Are you prepared to do that? If not, then just let things ride, but don't be upset when things continue exactly as they are indefinitely, possibly permanently.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• He's a wimp who can't stand up to women, you included. Sorry.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 3:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• He told me last week he didnt want a relationship. As far as the sex goes he does more for me then just that and I am ok with it as I go out on dates with others so intell i am really interested in someone else i will continue to sleep with him. I only sleep with him.
    Anonymous

• Who knows what he's thinking. He may be afraid of a commitment because his previous relationships didn't work out. Maybe he wants to play the field more, but keep you on the side in case he doesn't find anything else. Men always seem to think there's something better out there. My cousin's friend proposed to his girlfriend because he didn't want to lose her but actually admitted: "What if I find something better?" I know another guy who is with his girlfriend only because he's lonely at night. He doesn't love her and cheats on her all the time. To me, actions always speak louder than words. Honestly, you don't need these guessing games. I would let him go and move on.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 3:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009