Why did you get a tattoo and what does it mean?

I don't have any tattoos but if I had to get one it'd probably be my son's name who is now in heaven.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The one on my back doesnt mean anything, and neither does the one on my foot, I was a teenager (17) when I got them and I regret it now, because i wish that they did mean something.
    Im getting another one soon and I want it to symbolize my family or something like that.
    I have this bird picked out that would symbolize freedom. but I have no idea what I will actually get. lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I got my tattoo because I wanted to express myself. It doesn't mean anything its just tribal art with a heart in the middle, it just looks like a bracelet.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• One is my sign, and the other is a memorial.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i havent got one yet but when my sister turns 18 we are getting one together
    we have wanted matching tattoos since we werre little.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• On the lower half of my back i have one of a fairy and it says trust and believe under it. I got this because my mom always called me her little fairy because i would just glide everywhere never doing the same thing. (in her words) And the trust and believe to me i have always felt that way...if you don't trust and believe in yourself and everything that you are doing then you will never succeed. I'm going to be getting another one soon for my Step mom who passed not long before i got pregnant. Its going to be a cross with the cancer ribbon wrapping around it with her name and the dates on it. Its going to be on my left shoulder because that way it is close to my heart. If i get another one after that it would be for my son but i don't know what it would be yet. I still have time for that one =)

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have a heart with a purple rose going thru it on my upper thigh; it doesn't really have any meaning, although I do think of a particular guy when I look at it. On my outer calf, I have 3 dolphins in a wave, that stand for me and my 2 sons, with their initials under it. I'd like to get another tat someday, but I'm not sure what of or where.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have one with my kids initials going to get one for my first son that passed away also a potrait of my mom who is also deceased ....
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have a butterfly and a rose but the one that means something is the linking hearts on my shoulder with both of my daughter's initials in them. Only thing is, I'm pregnant again so I hope I can find a way to add on to it lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have my dds name on my back an cherries below it, and I have a dolphin with a cherry in its mouth below my bikini line, I want to get a memorial tattoo for my cousin but not sure what I want yet

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have a Libra sign on my right hip bone, it is my sons birth sign. every child i have will get there sign next to it. I have my next tatoo picked out, its a horse head and will be going on my left rib cage. it doesnt really have any meaning, I just love horses!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009