10 month old grinding his teeth

My son is almost 10 months now and he has been grinding his teeth together for the last couple weeks now. What's up with that? And how do I get him to stop!?

Thanks =)

Back2BackMommy

Asked by Back2BackMommy at 3:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He will stop on his own. My dd is 19 months and did that from the time she was 8 months to now. It comes and goes, I think she just finds it fun to make a new sound and that new feeling. It could also be wanting to chew something??? Idk but my dd did it a lot and it bothered me. She kinda of grew out of it... my husband hasn't tho. :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Oh my DD does that now that she has top and bottom teeth..Its like nails on a chalkboard to me. It was a ? in this months Parents magazine...the answer was, its common and they grow out of it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My daughter did that as well, but she stopped on her own. It did freak me out though and I couldn't help but tell her "no no" when she did it.
    kgrubert

Answer by kgrubert at 3:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I'm surprised I missed that article in Parenting. I guess I gottah get used to it for now! Have a great day!
    Back2BackMommy

Answer by Back2BackMommy at 10:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• page 118 they talk about it a little more.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2009