Why do people have kids if they cannot afford it?

Why do they assume if they get pregnant and can not afford. they always apply for PA. Stop having kids if you can not afford it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• This will get ugly.

Anonymous

• what do you think pa exists for? families who need help, duh! did you know birth control is only 99% effective? yea, that's how I got pregnant with my 3rd child. condoms break, too, im assuming you didn't know that either. tubal ligation isn't 100% effective either. do you propose that all women who get pregnant under those circumstances have abortions or give their babies away because of a medical accident? really, get off of your judgmental high horse and go do some research. nobody's perfect
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Why not use your name if you are going to ask and abrasive question???

Thank goodness for the anonymous button huh?
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• an*
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• because obama and the non lazy are gonna take care of them with free food and stuff
    oh and remember the more kids they have the more PA they will get
    Anonymous

• My first pregnancy was a surprise. My 98% effective birth control wasn't effective enough! lol. I do not believe in abortion in normal instances and I could not bare to give my child up for adoption. I was 18 and I did what was best for my family. I got on tenncare to take care of my baby and me. Once the baby was born we also got on wic. My son is 19 months old and he is still on tenncare. Wanna know why? Because he has autism and even with insurance through my husband's work we can't afford all the medical expenses the insurance will not cover. Tenncare doesn't even cover it all sometimes, but it take the stress off of my family. So guess what? We do what we have to do for our child...like every mother should.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Anon 2:42...u should be ashamed of yourself...which I'm assuming is why ur anon? I am not lazy. I'm a damn good mother. I take my son to all the appointments he needs so that hopefully one day he can act like the typical child. And guess what?! People on PA pay taxes, too...just in case you somehow weren't aware.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Hey Anon 242! The number of Americans on public assistance skyrocketed under the Cheney/bush presidency. One of the largest percentile increases was in military and former military families. Isn't it wonderful the way republicans respect the brave men and women who defend our country and are forced into illegal and immoral wars?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• stupidity is a disease i tell you. guess what! not everyone that has a baby unplanned is on PA!!! get off these stupid stereotypes and try to stand in someone shoes. things happen. for example: my daughter was not planned. i was on antiiotics and the heat of the moment hit and 9 months later Ciara was here. i'm not on PA don't' need to be on PA but when the accident happens i won't knock a mother for doing everything she can to provide for that child. go find me 5 women who are having babies on purpose and i'll shut up.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i had my dd at 21, completely unprepared, a part time job and so was my boyfriend(now husband). we couldnt afford it, but didnt go on PA, but could have easily if my husband wouldnt have been able to find a second job. Not eveyone in that situation gets preg. on purpose. I agree with tnm786. I cant imagine my life w/o my dd, now she's 14yo. and a wonderful young lady.
    it's not nice to judge.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009