Can you moms do me a favor and explain to my boyfriend how exhausting being pregnant can be... (No bashing please)

and that I'm not just sitting around sleeping all day (I actually don't even nap at all) and that this is not some easy thing to deal with. He really thinks that nothing has changed 4 me and that im faking the back pain and sleeping problems and random crying and that im just lazy or something. (I'm 7 months)

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 3:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I had pretty easy times with my pregnancies and I still remember with the second one: At the end, I just wanted to lay down like an animal until they she came out. It was like trying to carry a load of brinks that were attached to the inside of my abdomen. It got heavier and heavier and I just wanted that weight out.

Just for the future, delivery resembles sticking an umbrella up you rearend, opening it and then trying to pull it out. It ain't easy fella! She's telling you the truth. Ask some other guys how it went, maybe you will believe it easier.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 3:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Have him put one of those preggie bellies on and wear it all day. Ask him how he feels by the end of the day LOL. He's a man, he'll never understand what we as women go through during this beautiful time in our lives!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My word hunny to be pregnant with someone who has no sympathy or understanding for what your going through must suck.
    Your body is growing a child. This is no small feat. It truly is a miracle. Will he read some pregnancy books? My dh read The Mother of all Pregnancy books. Well he read the week by week part of it and it gave him some insight into what my body was going through.
    You also need to have some rest so your body can keep growing that baby.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• amanda: I bought him a book about fatherhood and what mothers go through and what to expect, it was a good book, but he never read it. I think he read the first 2 pages of it.

He wouldn't try anything. I just want him to know from other moms how tough it can be and that I'm not making any of this up.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• take him to your next doctors appointment with you and have the doctor explain to him how being in the later stages of pregnancy puts alot of stress on your body and that is the most important time to get some r & r
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Get him the book "What to Expect When your Expecting". It lays it out step by step, month by month. Maybe then he will get it!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Its like taking a hike up a steep mountain every day. Thats how physically daunting it can be.
    Ask him if he wouldnt be tired doing that day in and out for 9 mths straight.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009