Do you hate it when you stand behind someone on food stamp?

Knowing you have to pay for you food and that person is getting it for free.Do you really need that soda and chip.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• No standing behind them don't really bother me none. But when I end up following them out of the store and they are parked next to me and driving a new lincoln or newer car then mine it dose so what bother me alittle then.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 3:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• what does this have to do with parenting?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• why post this under anonymous? you scared to show who you really are?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Why another food stamp question? It's getting old. Some people NEED the help and are just taking advantage of the system. Yes, shagbe4u, when you see someone paying for groceries with food stamps and then go out to see them driving a brand new car, something is a little suspicious....but you truly have NO idea what anyone's circumstances are. Who are you to judge WHY they are using food stamps....you don't know them, you don't know what their life is like....give it a break.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 3:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It really bothers me when people hate like this. To me it is just jealously. First of all no I do not get them, but we in Houston had a huge Hurricane last summer and they gave many people food stamps who would not ordinarily be eligible. This is because many people lost food during that time, futhermore, these are tax payers money. Everybody in america pays taxes so they are not free. You do not know the circumstance as to why someone is getting food stamps. With all of these jobs losses , many people are now eligible. People need to stop being racist bigots and stop generalizing food stamps to poor lazy people. I can gaurantee if they offered them to you you'd take them. Stop being a hater!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• why would it bother you if you can clearly afford it?? You want to make enough to live comfortably AND be given free stuff??

And you're saying that people who are on food stamps shouldn't be allowed to buy snacks, only breakfast, lunch, && dinner??

How jealous can someone possibly be??

&& just to be clear I am not on, nor have I ever been on food stamps.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• It is not jealousy. I hate my taxes going to toward lazy people who refuse to get off their butt and feed them self!!!!!!

Anonymous

• ya'll really need to stop with this mess. you alls ound like the most stuck up women walking. i'll make sure when the recession hits you and you have to take those drastic measures to provide that i sigh loudly behind you. i don't care what you're buying to eat as long as it's something. damn if they do damn if they don't because you're complaining about them buying soda and chips but you'd also complain if they bought steak and shrimp.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• so the people who got laid off when the economy sank are lazy??

&& the single moms who are working 2 minimum wage part-time jobs are lazy??

&& the people who only take them for a couple of months b/c they ran into some financial difficulty are lazy??

got ya.

I really hope that you are never in a situation where you need some government assistance, b/c that would make you lazy, right??

You know when I see people using food stamps, the only thing that runs through my mind is, "I'm really blessed that I have never been in that situation."
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• How do you even know when they're using food stamps? They come on a friggin debit card these days so unless you're all up in their shit then you'd have no idea, mind your own pathetic business.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009