Ideas For My Teens Birthday?

My 13 year old is turning 14. Great for me huh? She is deff, a partier she loves loud music, rap music. she is for sure a social one. she has soooo many friends, i need a party that she can have good clean fun. but ii also would want the girls to have some times without the parents we are very trusting in her. and she is a good girl . anyone have any ideas how she can have a party that would suit her likings. but also have the parents satisfied? this will be a co-ed party.

mommyofmarya

Asked by mommyofmarya at 3:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• For my 14th (back in the dark ages, lol), I had a co-ed party in the evening. My parents let me know they would be around & in & out but they didn't hover over the party. We watched movies & talked & ate. Later in the evening, the boys & a few of the girls left & I had a sleepover with a few of my close girlfriends. Again, my Mom let me know she was there if we needed her, but she didn't hover around us. We basically took over the living room & dining room & they stayed in the den & their bedroom. Something similar might work for you & your DD. Let the parents know you will be at the party & will not leave the kids alone when things are co-ed. You can be present but not in their faces. Mostly, let your daughter direct the event with your guidance. Have fun!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Is ther a beach or park where you can have a bar-b-que? This is the standard summer party for my about to be 14 year old and her friends

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You can check out the themes on this page http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html  . For this age the Mystery, Spa or Slumber (for girls only) Luau, Camp Rock, Scavenger Hunt, Beach/Pool Party.  The Conversation Cards and the game Would You Rather are also great for this age.  http://www.cjkidz.com/moregames.html    The great for getting kids organized to do together.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• This year my dd (turning 15) is having her closest friends come to the local amusement park with her and spend the day there, where we'll let them pretty much loose on their own. (keeping in touch w/cell phones). Then they'll come over for pizza and swimming, a movie and camp out in the living room! I realize this may not work for a large crowd due to the expense, but maybe this idea could make a smaller group more attractive. Good Luck!!
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2009