Baked Beans?

I'm doing Fathers Day Dinner for my Hubby and my Grandpa. I'm wanting to make some home made baked beans in my oven if possible, I'd use my crock pot but counter space is very limited.
Any recipes would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Catrin2009

Asked by Catrin2009 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Baked Beans
    2 cups navy beans
    1/2 pound bacon
    1 onion, finely diced
    3 tablespoons molasses
    2 teaspoons salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Cont..
    Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
    Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with bacon and onion.
    In a saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
    Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry
    I get great recipes from allrecipes.com check em out!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• This is the best baked bean recipe ever.Maple-Rum Baked Beans
    2 cups dried navy beans
    2 T. dark sesame oil
    1 small onion -- peeled
    1 cup pure maple syrup (you must use real maple syrup!)
    1/4 cup dark rum (use a good one, like Appleton or Barbancour, don't use garbage like Bacardi)
    2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. dry mustard
    Soak beans in water to cover 8 hours or overnight. Next day: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Drain beans, rinse and add to a heavy kettle with 6 cups fresh water. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain beans, reserving cooking water. Place beans in bean pot or ovenproof casserole; mix with sesame oil. Place onion in center of pot. In small bowl, mix maple syrup, rum, salt, dry mustard and 1/2 cup reserved bean liquid. Pour mixture over beans. Add just enough bean liquid to cover beans. Cover pot; bake 2 hours.
    cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Add remaining bean liquid. Stir well; bake until beans are soft and liquid is nearly absorbed, 1 1/2 to 2 hours more. Add water as needed. Uncover casserole during the last 30 minutes of baking. Serve hot. Makes 8 side-dish servings or 6 as a main dish

Answer by rkoloms at 10:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2009