If you dont have a dishwasher, what do you use to clean your babies bottles?

I use a bottle brush with just water and i scrub it. Then i put it in the microwave sterilizer. Im really anal about it being clean, i dont want them to get sick :)

What about you?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always washed them by hand, then boiled all the parts... i was pretty anal about it as well!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I use soap and hot water and a bottle brush to clean them and then put them in a drying rack.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• We have a dishwasher and I don't use it. As aone of my ways to save on our electric bill I have been washing all our dishes by hand. I can't help with bottles cause my little one never took them but I do wash her sippy cups by hand :)
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 4:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• We have a dishwasher but Ive always done them by hand and sterilized the nipples when she was younger.
    Anonymous

• i wash with a scub brush soap and water then boil it..
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You guys boil it EVERY time? Why not buy a microwave bottle steralizer?? Sounds easier. You just put it in for 4 minutes, and its DONE!
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Washed with soap and water. I don't see a point in sterilizing it since tap water (or even bottled water) and formula are not sterile.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have a dishwasher but have never used it for any baby dishes, bottles included. I have hand washed every peice since day one and plan on hand washing her dishes for at least another year. I am paranoid that the dishwasher wont get them clean enough and will leave bacteria on them that will make her sick.
    Anonymous

• I don't have a microwave sterilizer so after I wash all the parts I boil them. I do this after every time she eats. We have a lot of bottles so I don't have to sterilze every day.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I usually fill the sink up with HOT HOT water and soap and let them soak for a little while and then I wash them with a bottle brush, rinse and dry on the bottle rack. I only sterilized up until my twins were around 4 months. They are at the stage where they are picking toys up off the floor and sticking them in their mouths so I don't see a point to sterilizing. They are almost 8 months now and are just fine. They've never been sick.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009