Spin off the Demon Possession Question

I wanted to start my own question so I don't hijack the other post.

Everyone likes a good story : )

What do you think of the two below. I am interested in everyone's response to this one.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 4:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Awesome testimoney thanks for sharing the link.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• People that already have the seed of the myth of God and Satan in their minds will of course assume the things that are happening after doing 'evil' activities the bible forbids as being attacked or used by demons. Perhaps somewhere deep insside they feel extreme guilt for messing with things forbidden and it manifests itself outwardly. I believe most paranormal activity comes from a power inside people- not from demons, angels or evil spirits.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• People with mental illnes cannot be helped while this ridiculous fantasy about the devil continues to keep people in denial.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• writeon, there are alot of people who have expereinces like this that don't believe in the devil. Do you think that they have mental illness?

And do you think that everyone who believes in the devil has a mental illness? Or just the ones that Jesus rescues from the occult?
    Anonymous

• writeon, do you think that the pagan on here or the witches are mentally ill? Or is it just the Christians?
    Anonymous

• First off anon, there probably isn't a culture on the face of this earth that doesn't have some story about 'evil spirits' that possess people- therefore, like I said, that idea is already planted in their minds.

Second, so what if she thinks people who believe in the devil and Jesus are mentally disturbed- she has the right to think that.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have experience working with people with mental illness and proper treatment can keep the "demons" away. People can certainly believe whatever they want, but people who truly suffer prefer to find solutions that are based in reality than to continue to suffer under the "power of demons".
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Ok, why would pagans or witches be mentally ill anon 09? I know most of us don't believe in a devil. We do believe in dark entities and "black" magic that can cause negative affects, but it has NOTHING to do with a devil.
    And, as I said in the other post, I do not belive that a person can be possessed without their permission. And, I don't believe in the devil or demons, so I don't believe that a person can be possessed by something that doesn't exist. However, a person who believes in the devil can certainly believe they have been possessed. And, once you believe it, you can see signs of it everywhere.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I think it can be fun and interesting to believe in fantasy,it can also be very scary and dangerous as one can lose touch with reality and become delusional. Because of my experience with mental illness , I choose to be reality based. And yes, people can interpret reality however they like. For me , it is a way to prevent delusional thinking. A person can go so far into what they think is real that they can loose touch with what's really going on. It takes a lifetime to work on one's own heightened awareness. I'm not trying to judge what others believe but only to say that some beliefs can prevent people from getting the help they need to live a full and healthy life.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009