Pagans

If someone had told you it was harmless to your faith to celebrate anything against you faith. And you knew for a fact it was dedicated to their god and not your own would you? If not why? Isn't it harmless if you do not believe in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are saying, its harmless to celebrate something to another God? I am having problems understanding, darn allergy medicine.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• No I am asking you do you think it is harmless for you to celebrate a different god than your own. Its Ok I have allergies too.:)
    Anonymous

• Something being harmless doesn't mean it's something comfortable. There is nothing harmful about gay porn, but a whole lot of people aren't comfortable watching it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Just because you celebrate a certain occasion doesnt mean you are necessarily celebrating a particular diety.

If my family enjoys celebrating a certain holiday then we will celebrate it regardless of any religious background it may have. There are plenty of holidays that have secular fun added to them for the non-religious.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• As a pagan it is no big deal to celebrate other holidays with people of a different faith. It doesn't mean that we follow their system. We celebrate with family and friends all the time who are not Pagan.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Sure, I celebrate the holidays honoring gods I have no personal relationship with at times. I don't, however, celebrate holidays honoring something I find objectional. For instance, I would never celebrate Passover.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Oh and in response to this part of your question, "If someone had told you it was harmless to your faith to celebrate anything against you faith.", I wouldn't believe it was or was not harmless based on what someone told me.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• There are certain things I don't do because they are not part of my faith. For instance, I don't take communion, I don't celebrate Passover, I don't celebrate Kwanza, and things like that just because they are not part of my faith. However, I do celebrate Christimas, but not in the traditional Christian sense. I decorate with lights and a tree.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Can I ask what's objectionable about escaping from Egypt?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My DH is Christian. I do celebrate traditions that are not part of my faith for that reason. I also celebrate my own by myself. I don't see it so much as being part of another religion or following other Gods but I see it as showing respect for those that I love.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009