MY BOYFRIEND

My boyfriend and I have been serious for almost two years now.
Lately, he's been noticing that i've been very attached and clingy and started letting me do all the work (calling,texting,asking to go out)..

So thursday he told me he was getting annoyed and lost a lot of feelings.
Unlike usual, I didn't call him after he said that, nor did I text.
As hard as it was for me, all day yesterday I left him alone..
He called once around 10:30 pm and I didn't pickup..

What should I do now? Should I call him or text him? Should I answer if he calls or texts?

HELP PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• So then what changed and why? Thats what you need to ask yourself and if HE calls you then yeah why not answer him back?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i would call him the next evening around 5-6 and tell him sorry you were busy away from home. and if he ask what u were doing, make something up and tell him you were doing something(make up something) with a family member, mom , dad. sister, brother. someone really close to you so he dont think something is up. while dating my husband he always called me, i called him every once in a while but he called the most while we werent living together. but if you dont call let him call and then answer and sound very happy. not too happy to make him think something is up but dont seem sad at all. that way hes like wow she dont need me ALL the time to be happy .. you know? you arent exactly lying you are just wanting the best for your relationship, so you have to stretch the truth sometimes. :) good luck honey
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 4:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Never chase a boy. It's not worth it. If he can't be bothered, neither should you. While I realize this will be very difficult since you've been dating for 2 years, please don't play into the game. You will only end up with a broken heart. If he calls, answer. If he txts, respond. But don't ask where he's been or who he's been with. Don't ask to see him. Start making plans with your friends. Go out and have fun without him.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 4:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• yeah answer when he calls. And if he ask why you hadn't been contacting him as much explain to him that you thought that is what he was saying he wanted. Otherwise I wouldnt bring it up .. just do as you have been and back up a bit and see how he handles it . Cause if you don't answer his calls or text it will show a sign of being mad . I don't feel you are being Mad , I think you are hurt more than anything. So sit back and watch for signs from him.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 4:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I think that you have made him notice that you are a person and not someone to take for granted. I agree with the others that you need to back off. He is not as interested in a close relationship, with all that means, as you are. Maybe he needs time on his own to decide what he really wants. And since your wants and his don't seem to be the same right now, it may be time to turn your life onto a different path than his and make new friends and live your own life as you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree with the PP's. Answer him the next time he calls but don't sound hurt or angry, but not too happy either. Take time out to be with family and friends right now. When he calls or text, respond back. But for a while let him reach you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• nope, u distance yourself from him and make him want to chase you..... make him remember why hes in love with you in the first place. He'll start to miss u and miss certain things, and IF NOT, then he's not even worth it hunny, and u deserve so much better. There is someone out there who will love and cherish you and always let u know it.... if this guy wont do it, go find the good guy whos lookin 4 u!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009