Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my DD has horrid pollen allergies just like mommy. was wondering if i brought her in to see if they have anything they can prescribe to her if not is there anything over the counter she could take? shes 6 1/2 months


Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • And my daughter didn't have to do a "scratch test" for weather and air allergies, so don't worry about it. Claritin is for air type allergens and benadryl is for food reactions. I like to have them both at home and in my purse. You just have to ask your doctor the dosage. Most childrens versions are very watered down, so if they say a little is okay you'll be fine.

    Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • i thought my daughter had allergies at that age, i was told they wouldn't prescribe anything w/o an allergy test and they wouldn't do an allergy test til she was at least 1 1/2 b/c they do a bunch of needle pricks and it would take up both arms to do it since she was so young. but every doc is going to say something diff so i would call and see. and there isn't any over the counter allergy meds til they are 2

    Answer by vabchmommy at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

  • The doc will probly suggest Claritin or something for children. My daughter also has an inhailer incase it gets bad. I'd call the nurse before getting anything. If she can have Claritin you might not have to go in, but it's best to check how much.

    Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009