• In the Spotlight:

i never knew this happened during pregnancy!

during third trimester did anyone else start to grow hair in unusual places
or is this a hormone problem for me?

1)did you get hair between pubic hair and bellybutton?
2)around butthole?

this is embarrassing so i will remain anon please answer truthfully

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I grew a thin line of hair from like mid belly to belly button. It's really fine but it looks so weird! I still have it and my baby is 6 months old. I don't want to shave it lol cause what if it comes back thicker and darker? But yea, I'm sure it's just a hormonal issue. Remember your hormones are whack during pregnancy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yep, it has happened to me too. I also have alot of freckles and moles on my arms, and I get new ones every time I have a baby too. And I have a few places on my arms that I iwll get one or 2 black hairs on. It only happens when I am pregnant though, lol. The wierd things that we go through that you would never think were related...
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• all women should have hair growing near their butthole.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I haven't experienced hair growth in odd places but it can happen, you can get hair on your face or other places, but staciandababy is correct too, everyone has pubic hair around their anus, it's normal and healthy to be there just like regular pubic hair or nose hair!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yes--- the hair on top of my head, arms, and legs stopped growing, but I suddenly got hair on my belly, around my breasts, and on my chin. I was mortified one day when my hubby looked at me funny, and pulled a hair off my chin! I understand, though, that it'll go away after the baby arrives.

My skin also darkened under my arms, around joints, etc. I've also got cellulite for the first time.

Sigh. oh well. :)

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009