• In the Spotlight:

why can't i just do the housework?

I get so overwhelmed just looking at what needs to be done that i just plain don't do it. I want to, but it just doesn't happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I do something similar. Try setting a ten minute timer and have a goal..like the dishes...when you start the timer GO get all the dishes, and get that dishwasher loaded or however you do your dishes, and when the timer stops so do you. Set it for 30 minutes and take a "cleaning break", then when the 30 minutes are up do another 10 minute clean sweep....do pick up of the living room, and next time run the vacuum....you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in 10 minutes!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Pick one room or area or task and just do that and call it done. The longest journeys start with a single step. You are overwhelmed by the size of the full job. So pick a smaller part of it and do that. Then the next day, or that afternoon, you can pick another small part. For example just vacuuming. or just cleaning up dishes. or just doing laundry. Or just changing the beds and doing laundry.

Answer by Bmat at 4:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• LOL I am the same way, it's not like it even takes that long I just lack motivation
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• We all get like this sometime. You need to make housework part of your daily routine. throw in a load of laundry while the coffee is brewing. Clean one room a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009