5-HTP or St. John's Wort for depression?

Have you experiences with either of these? If so, were they good, bad, indifferent? Would you recommend the one you took? I can't decide between them.

Thanks in advance for your time and help. xxx

AllCosyInside

Asked by AllCosyInside at 4:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• Also SAM-e works well for me and i also take st. johns wort. i think they work well.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i was taking st johns wort before i found out i was pregnant and it did wonders. get the glycerin based tincture at any grocery store in the naturals isle, about 20 dollars a month, was so much cheaper than my 80 dollar a month prescription for lexapro, and no sexual side effects.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Just make sure You don't eat chocolate with it. I've heard it can be deadly. weird huh? Also, You might try emotional release therapy. You might be holding on to trapped emotions which are creating depression. I do it for free because I'm not certified yet and I'm just learning. But it works wonders!
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009