does inducing hurt

thrusday was my due date and i still never had him the doc said this thursday comin he is goin to induce me and i dont know if it hurts can some one please tell me if it hurts

shawn_cj

Asked by shawn_cj at 4:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pitocin induced contractions are said to be more painful than natural contractions. Also, some women feel pain when their water is broken but it never bothered me. Labor is going to hurt either way but generally speaking, labor is gentler with the bag of waters intact & contractions that are not chemically induced.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Wasn't to painflu for me!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i got induced 3 times with same baby once at 38 weeks 39 weeks then finally at 40 weeks lol so im very bias bout induction lol it was a pain in the ass.. more then actual pain itself. and being induced your water still can break on its own. mine did on the nurse haha surprise for her huh
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 5:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I hope you do a lot of research before you decide to let the doc induce you. It can increase risks of complications. Also,

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1484912/The_Lie_of_the_EDD_Due_Date

you might want to look at that.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• They put me on pitocin because my water broke but I wasn't contracting. It didn't do anything, no dilation, no contractions. After they popped the rest of my sac though it was a huge rush of pain, probably because of the pitocin.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• mine wasnt . i went hous before even feeling pressure then taht was all i felt was pressure and i was fully dialated
    being induced tho does give you greater risk of csection . you can tell them no and just wait it out
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i never was in any pain,i felt 3 contractions and that was it,just dont make any noise when u feel one and it wont hurt as bad.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Please read what outstanding love posted. It's so true. Going past your due date it not a medical emergency and inductions should only be used for emergencies/health risks. Even the ACOG agrees.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• All I've ever had we're inductions so I have no basis for comparison. Yeah it hurt, till the epidural.... then all was well in my world :)
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 6:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I had a natural unmedicated intervention free birth and thought it was mildly annoying, but not painful. I was hemorrhaging after wards and got pitocin in my IV then though and those contractions were 100 times worse then the natural labor. I would strongly urge you to wait until at least 42 weeks before doing anything unless there is a medical emergency. A NORMAL pregnancy is anywhere from 38-42 weeks and white women (don't know if you are white or not) tend to go more on the 40-42 week side of things. The second they induce it ups your risk of a c-section 40%.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2009