CASTOR OIL?

I had already asked this a few weeks ago, but got no positive feedback, and I finally actually took some. 2 oz. at 1:30pm today. I am past due, like 42 weeks. I lost my mucous plug on Friday. I really am desperate to have this baby. I DON'T WANT ANY NEGATIVITY!! I have done my research and I already took it. I want answers from people who have tried it or know someone who has tried it.

How long does it take to work?
If it works, & i go to the bathroom, how long does that last?
How long til you went into labor after?

I haven't had to go to the bathroom, feel a lil crampy, like period cramps. But, nothing else. Is is not going to work? Or do I just need to wait a lil longer?

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My ex MIL had me drink the whole bottle. I vomitted it up then she had me drink another one. I didn't go into labor. Within a couple of hours I had to go to the bathroom..which lasted 2 weeks. Then I was induced. But I drank alot of it.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• my friends cousin did it with her baby, she came very close to losing the baby she had to stay a while in the hospital. She took some when she was a week past her due date I believe and it started out as light cramping and built up to very bad pain, I'm guessing the labor, ha ha, and she went to the hospital and almost bled out. I'm not sure why, if it was any relation to the castor oil. It took all day I believe, she took it around lunch and was rushed tho the hospital that night, and it got steadliy worse in the day so I imagine sometime soon you'll be feeling more intense pain that escalates and you'll be ready 4 the hospital later on.
    Anonymous

• Nothing worked for me at all! I ended up going into labor on my own 10 days late. I tried everything except the Raspberry leaf tea which is supposed to be very effective. I think Castor oil is just an old wives tale. Sex is supposed to help to I think.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I also drank the whole bottle of mine. It wasn't a large bottle, about 8 oz. I think but ya... I drank about half, waited about two hours. Nothing happened so I took the other half. And it never even made me have to go to the bathroom. I got sick to my stomach and had to lay down for a few minutes but thats it. I was induced about 3 weeks later.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I wish sex would help. lol. i tried tons of that, sometimes twice a day. I am 5cm dilated & 100% effaced, just not in labor. I just had my first encounter with the bathroom. And my cramps are starting to get a lil worse. I also feel nauseas., how will i know the difference from the cramps from the castor oil.... & contractions?
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I only know one lady who took it.
    It didnt take long for it to work for her, couple of hours if that, and she went so fast she gave birth laying next to her toilet.

Ive heard many say it worked in a concoction with juice but Ive also heard just as many say it did nothing.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• they say it might harm the baby too and cause it to poop I think and then swollow it Don't use that crap
    Anonymous

• Thx. I took it yesterday at 1:30pm, only took about 2oz, if that. Around 6:30pm, experienced my first bathroom trip. Was up all night nauseated, crampy, running to the bathroom and puking. WILL NEVER TAKE AGAIN!! I feel a lil crampy today, like light contractions but nothing consistent, even if it does work, I will never take it again. There is no proof it will harm the baby, or cause it to have meconium (it's first poop in utero).
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2009