Calling all pagans, calling all pagans

What is your take on how we came to be here on earth? I am not trying to start a fight but I really wanna know.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 5:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sabrina pretty much summed it up, but there are many different creation myths that Pagans look to for inspiration on the details. Most of them are pre-Christian, but not all. There are also new stories being created all the time that attempt to creatively explain how we came to be here. Some Pagans take creation myths literally, others don't. I don't, but I do see the beauty in them. I think they are just man's way of trying to explain the unexplainable. Still other Pagans don't use creation stories at all, but prefer to explain it in scientific terms. This page has links to lots of different creation myths:
    http://www.magictails.com/creationlinks.html
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The Great God and Great Goddess created it and guided evolution to form the world we know today...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The God and Goddess took stuff that was a part of the universe and created the Earth then let it do its natural course from there.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Sabrina said it in the most simpiliest form. I agree with her.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yeah, pretty much what Sabrina said. Mother and Father God created the earth and set in motion the things that started evolution. Of course, they had theirs hands in it to make sure that certain species got here.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Ok thank you :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Evolution. But if you want a religious take on it, I prefer the story of Gaia and the story of the Sky Woman. Both offer different views of the same event. Nither one is meant to be taken litterally.

Greek Creation myth 
    Sky Woman

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• "Mother and Father God created the earth and set in motion the things that started evolution."

Is this quote in the bible?
    heathsmom

Answer by heathsmom at 12:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• No bc pagans do not follow the bible heathsmom (my answer is meant to be respectful.) I personally believe that their is no real way to put into words the melding of energies that created this world. I believe it is a place for us to learn to be better ppl so kind of like a very very hands on classroom. I think the best word I can find to describe it creation is "magick".
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2009