My son is dating my best friends daughter and we found out that he is cheating on her.

So my son Cameron is dating the daughter(Gwen) of my best friend since collage(Anna). Gwen also happens to be the best friend of my daughter who is Camerons twin sister, Chloe. I love Cameron to death, obviously, but i wouldn't want any of my daughters to date someone like him. Hes what kids call now a "player". Hes really manipulative towards girls, and convinces them to do almost anything. Chloe and Cameron are constantly fighting about how he isn't treating gwen right, but he never seems to listen. Recently, while me and Anna were at my house, i realized that we had left something in the basement. As we go down there, we realized there was music blasting, which is normal for my house, but the door was locked. So i got the key for it and opened the door and we saw Cameron making out with one of the girls from their school, as she was taking her shirt off and he was unbuttoning his pants.
CONTINUTED

xxDianaxx

Asked by xxDianaxx at 6:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• This is making our friendship very weird, because now she knows this about my son and i think she might be questioning my parenting. She doesn't allow Gwen to talk to him or date him anymore. This is really saddening me. Both that Cameron would cheat on such a nice girl and that i might have lost a friend. Please give advice on how to handle this!!

xxDianaxx

Answer by xxDianaxx at 6:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I think you need to talk to your son. Explain to him that it is not okay to treat girls the way he does, because obviously somewhere down the line, he got the idea that cheating is fine and being a "player" is cool, which it clearly isn't. He needs to learn to respect women and if he wants to be free to see more than one girl whenever he pleases, than that is fine, as long as he isn't in a committed relationship with one already. Also, I can tell you from experience that yes, people DO look at the parents when their children act like players, sluts, etc. My friend Ally is a perfect example. She has NEVER stayed faithful to a boyfriend...EVER. She sleeps around with tons of different guys, even her friends' current and x boyfriends, and lies to everyone about it. She does this because of what she has seen with her own parents. They cheat on eachother constantly so everyone blames them for how Ally is.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would be beating my son's ass, regardless if he's a teen or not. You should honestly sit him down and explain to him that how he's treating these girls is WRONG! Plain and simple. Another thing is I would make him go to Anna's and Gwen's and have him apologize to BOTH of them for his behavior. You also might want to inform him that how he treats these girls will affect them in the long run. (drug use, low self-esteem, depression, and possible suicide *I know this because I was one of those girls*) You need to put a stop to his behavior now, mama, or one day he's gonna have some serious conscience issues when a girl hurts herself or worse because of his actions. I've seen it a million times and the worst part about it? It was the SAME GUY who caused a lot of girls to lose confidence in themselves, start using drugs, and become depressed. I know all of this from experience and I never even slept with the guy either.
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i agree with the above poster.Sit him down and talk to him.But he's a guy and some of them are like that regardless of age.Men think with well,you know.I know some women in situations like this.Its not your fault as a mother or person or how you raised him.Its just how some people are
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Your son missed all of the "treating women with respect" lessons. You need to sit him down and ask him how he would feel if his sister was treated this way.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• sticky sticky sticky.... my mom would have taken the door off my room and told me I could have it back after I had apologized personally to all parties involved and learned to be respectful towards women (if I was a boy thats what she would have done) Have you tried asking your friend what she would do? She might feel your desire for her input and advice shows you want to be an active parent and feel what your son did was wrong but definitely take his door off his room. If he can't behave in a trustworthy manner than he cant be trusted period. That is not acceptable behavior
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would not get involved i would leave it alone for sure it is a sticky situation
    tishalm

Answer by tishalm at 9:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Iwould agree with the person above my post, it is a very sticky situation. I wouldn't know how to address it properly.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• well i would tell ur son that is not how to behave, i may take to door off too. i would talk to my freind and give her space if she needs it. this is just so upsetting for all invloved. i hope your son can learn that his actions did not show respect (love care ect) for not only his gf but for you as his mom. i understand sometimes kids just dont think and boys often have to upzip their zipper just to think. please talk to him honestly how you feel. good luck and just know you are not alone.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009