How to handle my 2 year old

I am in california visiting my best friend and my two year old daughter keeps hitting my friends son. My daughter is rarely around kids but when she is she is never like this towards them. I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JuliannasMama

Asked by JuliannasMama at 6:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First offense, tell her apologize, not to hit anymore she will get a time out
    Second offense, put her in timeout (or sad corner or whatever) for 2 minutes. Do not make eye contact. Keep putting her in timeout until she behaves. Littles ones are always on the worst behavior when they travel. Their routines are messed up and they have no concept of time and don't understand how soon they will be back home.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thanks for the input!!! I really appreciate it.
    JuliannasMama

Answer by JuliannasMama at 12:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2009