Having intercourse while using "INSTEAD" cups?

Hi, I am just trying out the INSTEAD cups today, I don't feel a thing, which is great because I have always used pads for that reason. With tampons, I always felt like something was in there no matter how many times I tried to put them in; plus I would always have a little leakage.

Anyway, my main reason for posting right now is because I want to have sex while using the cup (which is why I bought the cups in the first place) but I am afraid if I tell him that I have my period he will still freak out. Will he feel the cup? I have read mixed reviews; some say their man CAN feel it, and some women say that their man thinks she never has her period because he has never felt it. Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband works offshore 14 and 14, it just so happens to fall where my period is right when he's leaving. So, we decided to try the insted cup. LOVING IT! I never asked if he felt it or not but it doesn't bother him ...we use it once a month LOL
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thanks Hannah Lee :) So he knows that you have your period? Never had leakage or anything? He never mentioned if he has felt the ring? That ring, although I don't feel it in me, seems like it could be uncomfortable for him.
    Bottom line is that I know if I say I have my period, I know he wont do it, and I wanted to see if I could get away with not telling him there is this thing inside of me! (Don't judge me, lol)
    Anonymous

• He's never told me it felt different or uncomfortable, and trust me if something bothers him he makes it known LOL If he would have objected to it I would have tried it without him knowing !! We never experianced any problems with leakage! LIke I said we looove it!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• thanks so much! i'm gonna try it tonight ;)
    Anonymous

• What kind of relationship are you in that you are tricking you guy into having sex with you when you are on your cycle? That is pretty rotten of you. He obviously has a hang up about it. You should either refrain or fess up. It is uncool of you to trick him.
    Anonymous

• Anon, I dont think the OP is trying to trick her husband. She is just concerned and wanted advice before she tells him to ease his mind - not trick him.

Sorry hon, I havent ever tried it - but have fun!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I think that person was referring to me, the asker of the initial question :) And that's okay, I'm not trying to trick anyone, I just wanted some advice before I figured out what I wanted to do. Thanks Dragonfly and Hannah :)
    And I came here for info on the Instead Cup, not for life lessons on morality, but thanks for your concern!
    Anonymous

• You're welcome and have fun... I hope y'all like it as much as we do LOL
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• These are to allow you to have intercourse?! I have a permanent silicone version of that and I know we both would feel it. But, if these are different, sign me up. I saw them in the store and wondered why you would use a disposable cup, but this would be great.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 7:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I have never even heard of these? I am very sheltered now after having 3 kids. Where can you get them? My DH would love it. Also, can he use a condom with these and will it interfere?
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009