Pagan babies

I know that Christians have a Christianing. And Wiccans have a Wiccaning. Do other Pagan traditions, besides wicca, have a baby ceremony for their new addition?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, it's called a Paganing... I actualy just posted a link to a basic ceremony last night because someone else asked questions about how to... Hang on & I'll give it to you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• You can do a baby blessing, to welcome the new one! Just google Pagan Baby Blessings and you should come up with several sites that can give you different ideas. We are planning one for mine when he is about 2 or 3 months. Good luck :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Pagan Babies sounds like a band name. lol
    Anonymous

• LOL and now here's Pagan Babies new hot single, momma turned me into a frog LOL
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Here you go...

http://paganspath.com/magik/grimoire/paganrit.htm

That's got all the info in it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thank you Sabrina.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I didn't do any kind of formal ceremony for my kids. There are WAY to many different religions in my and my DH's families to suit them all. I just took each of them in my arms shortly after I got them home and asked Mother and Father God to watch over and protect them. I also asked that Mother God be there when they needed strength and Father God to give them minds that would always question. I kind of regret that one now. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Who particularly is "Mother God"?
    heathsmom

Answer by heathsmom at 1:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't actually have a name for either of my gods. I just call them Mother and Father. No one name has struck me as to who it is.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009