Any RNs or CNAs......do you like your job?

I am going to college for this and I want to know if it is going to be worthwhile to me or a bad decision.

desireesmom18

Asked by desireesmom18 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• My sister has been an RN for over 30 years. I can say that she loves her job. One of the great things about being an RN is you can truly work anywhere in the world.
    She started as an ortho/rehab nurse, planning to go into geriatrics. She found her true calling in Labor and Delivery, and went back to school for her Master's degree and became a Nurse/Midwife (she delivered my daughter). She now does only patient education; she is the Maternal/Child educator at a large city hospital: she teaches classes, she does on-on-one teaching (she is a certifed diabetes educator), she does staff training. She also has taught university nursing classes and has done some physicial education.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2009