How long did you use a baby swing?

My daughter is 14 months and still loves to fall asleep in her swing. At what age did you stop using the swing with your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, must be a good baby swing! I stopped with my daughter when she was 12 months but only because she was so heavy it wouldn't move as much anymore. My first son- 8 months, my second son gave it up at 6. So I would say I tried to let them swing until they didn't want to anymore.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Mine hated her swing when she was awake and would never sleep in it. So we stopped trying by the time she was 4 months old.
    I'd say you can use it until she reaches the maximum weight for that swing. But as a "sleep-aide", you need to stop now. She needs to learn to fall asleep without the motion. You might try "weaning" her off of it by letting her get almost asleep before you pull her out, then a little sooner and a little sooner until she doesn't spend any sleep time in it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• we stoped about 6-7 months because he would be able to get out of it even straped in luckly it was the ones that are low to the grown
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 7:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i never used a swing with my son...he didnt like it...he had a bouncy chair that he loved but around 5 months when he could sit up...he didnt want it anymore
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• wow! I stopped my daughter in the swing when she was like 4 or 5 months. not because she didnt like it but because she kept sitting up in it swing and it scared me! so if she is good in in why stop using it!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• WOW!!!! My dd stopped using her swing when she was between 4 and 6 months...
    SteelersMommy03

Answer by SteelersMommy03 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• 5 Months. My daugter hit the weight limit on ours at five months and was starting to try to climb out anyway.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies! She does use it other than to fall aslep in. She likes to just swing and relax in it as well. I know that we need to break her from falling alseep in it, and we plan to when she gets her tubes in a few weeks. Her ears are HORRIBLE and it's just something about the swin that calms her. If we try putting her into her crib to fall asleep, she cries really hard to the point where her ear drum has ruptured many times. So, we are just kind of letting her be until the tubes when we can work woth her more.
    Anonymous

• my dd was about 10 months and I stopped becuase she started grabbing the side bars and stopping the swing...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2009