what do you think?

my white daughter has a black boyfriend and has been into black guys for a while now. i don't see anything wrong with it but her dad tells her different and i can tell it hurts her. Should i let her keep seeing him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• As long as he is a nice, respectable, upstanding guy than yes I would let her keep seeing him. Race has nothing to do with if I would allow my child to date someone or not. It is all about what kind of person they are and how they treat my child.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yes, it's your relationship with her that will get hurt otherwise. She'll resent you. If her dad doesn't want her to see him then let him tell her that!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Even if I disagreed with it (which I don't.. I don't see race as an issue at all), I would certainly not tell her, bc that would only push her further away. I would calmly point this fact out to the father, kind of like a compromise. He should be aware that he only accomplishing the opposite by discouraging the behavior.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Leave it up to her. Her father needs to keep his racist comments to himself. My parents and family are racist, against anyone who is not white and catholic, gays, spanish, etc, you name it. I ended up making my own decisions about who I was going to date and now I am disowned. They have nothing to do with my children who are not white. But that's okay because my parents are big fakes and someday they will have to answer to a higher power about their actions. They are big pretenders and I hate them for it.

Anonymous

• white and blacks dont mix dont end up with a zebra grandbaby!! nasty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i think you should talk to her bout why she likes him and have your husband get to know him
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• hey anon 9:28.... You're an asshole
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Don't judge a book by it's cover....You'll be surprised by what can be inside!
    DIANE463

Answer by DIANE463 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• anon 9:28, you are an idiot. I would rather have "zebra's" as grandkids than idiots like you.

OP: let her date who she likes. It isn't about race or religion, it is about how they treat each other. If they are kind and respectful to each other, that is what is important. Dad needs to keep his comments to himself or he won't have a daughter to talk to anymore. She will stop talking to him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• In all honesty as long as their good to each other I think they can date or be very good friends if they like. But nothing serious like marriage. only because at the end your daughter child will suffer at the end .because she wont know what race she is. and friends will be hard for her to make. she wont know what group she belongs to. Im only saying this because my friends son is mixed and that is how he feels .its what he tod his mom. and my friend tells me hes mostly all alone.
    Anonymous