I'm not good at this kind of still help!

I'm on the birth contel shot.(sorry I may have spelled that wrong) ever 10 to 11 weeks so I dont get my peird at all.(YAY right?) Well I had my 2nd shot back right before june. Well a week or 2 again my doctor I see for cold and stuff put my one a med for 10 days and on the bottle says if you on the "PILL" you will need to get a back up. I asked my doctor if I'm on the shot do I need a back up? she give me alook like she really was not sure so she asked 2 other doctors in the ofices. I head them say "umm I dont think so" and "I'm almost 100% sure that I dont" Well in my 1st pregnant with my twin boys the 1st few months until the doctor put me on meds for more vitmans(sorry cant spell all that good) I had a worried tooth pain. kinda like something is eating my tooth and I taste meld taste with it. even before I knew I was pregnant. Well that pain is back with the taste. can someone look up or find out if my doctor was wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure, but I thought if you tasted metal, that meant you had an iron deficiancy. I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. So you're on Depo, the birth control shot? Are you asking about the tooth pain, did you say you taste metal? or are you asking about the cold prescription with the birth control? I'd like to help, can you clarify, please?
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 8:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• a metallic taste in your mouth can also be a sign of gum disease. You need to see a dentist.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Some antibiotics can make birth control pills not work. I'm really not sure about the depo shot. I think the tooth pain and metal taste do not mean you are pregnant again. Maybe the antibiotic makes the metal taste?
    leahs_mom_kate

Answer by leahs_mom_kate at 7:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009