What's your opinion of Glenn Beck?

"If you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot."

I'm not sure that man is mentally stable...

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• he is a bit radical at times but does make alot of good points.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Not a fan. I don't tend to like very spazzy people. Kind of overwhelming.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I avoid listening to him. I saw him at night on a cable news channel and he was so scrambled and all over the place. He's odd.
    Anonymous

• I think he's a nobody.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Intelligent and perceptive.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't really listen to many of the "talking heads" - especially the "opinion" shows. They are only in it for ratings.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• He's odd, but that is a good point.

Too many people take the words of newscasters and, worse, commentators, as gospel.

You love FOX news? Good for you. MSNBC fan? Awesome. But keep in mind all they do is find things that they consider news worthy, and report it. It doesn't mean it's accurate, it doesn't mean their spin on it is correct.

You love Rush Limbaugh? Fine. You love Rachel Maddow? Okay. You love reading blogs? That's fine too. But they don't know all. They find news, make comments about it, and discuss it. Discuss THEIR opinions of it. They're just like you and me, they just have more exposure.

These people aren't the ones directly taking part in these things. They don't pass the laws. They aren't in the minds of politicians or anyone else. The best we can do is listen, observe, research, and come to our own conclusions. Regardless of political affiliation or preferences.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• He is a real person who shows real emotions and I too think you would be an idiot to believe everything you heard anyone say. We have proof of that in the Obamacons. He is passionate about his country and Americans rights. Yes sometimes a bit spazzy but watching him is always fun.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• itsmesteph:

You can't just say that about 'Obamacons'. The same goes for every human being on the planet, regardless of political views. Especially Radicals and extremists.

A person who took everything that McCain said gospel is just as bad as anyone who takes Obama's words as gospel, or any politician or anyone -else- for that matter.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I agree with Jynxx at 7:05.

I think his point is that you shouldn't take anyone's word as gospel. And he is right. How many people here are accused of supporting their politician of choice and idiot because they believe in much of their ideals? I don't think it makes someone an idiot if they research and actually agree, but I believe that blind faith is an act of idiocy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2009