What is everyones daily schedule like if you are a stay at home mom? Just wondering if i spend enough time with my children, teaching them and helping them grow.

I always want to make sure i am doing the best for my children like every other mom. i thought if we coudl post our daily routines then everyone would kind of see that we are all in the same situation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• Don't concern yourself with comparisons to what everyone else is doing. You do what feels right to you for your own children and family. Obviously you care a great deal about your role as Mom, and your energy is best spent doing for them rather than worrying if you are doing enough for them.
    :-)
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 8:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I agree with divamomcc. But you also need to make time for youself as well, or you'll go crazy.
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I agree with the two answers already. What I do though just to give you an example is spend some morning time talking over a lite breakfast then I do some housework while they do whatever they choose. Usually we all do our own thing and meet along the way every so often. I don't crowd them. I offer to do things with them and ask them if they want to do things with me...I have done this since they were old enough to talk. before they were school age I did a lot of educational activities with them and reading as well as imaginative play inside and out. It all works out great for us and the kids are happy too. Don't get me wrong some days they seem really needy but I'm sure I do to people some days too. *winks*
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I spend a couple of hours in the morning with my son after he eats his breakfast doing playtime, reading, his alphabets, and counting. Then when it's his nap time, i'll start the housework and hopefully get some sleep myself. But now that schools out, I (hopefully) will have more help around the house. After nap time, it's lunch then I let him watch an educational video, then a Disney movie of his choice or PBS whichever he chooses. Then it's dinner time
    LaniGirl72

Answer by LaniGirl72 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008