How so you get the musty smell out of towels and clothes?

I take hot yoga and your drenched in sweat by the end of class. White vinegar doesn't always work. I have resorted to throwing towels away. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 8:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Baking soda..A cup in the wash should do.

Answer by louise2 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Forgot some thing..Do not throw any thing in the dirty cloths wet or damp..Let it dry before you put it in there.

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• baking soda or bleach...I handwash some things that need more work than others so I just use bleach and water or baking soda and water and wash them thoroughly and let those items soak and hang them
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Baking soda as noted above does work. Oxy-clean also works well. The best way though is prevention. drapwe wet clothing or towels over the shower rod, clothes line..even the edge of a laundry basket will work for small things. Let them dry completely before tossing in laundry basket....or wash them while still wet.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• odoban. Sams club caries it and it is uber fantastic. It also kills germs and viruses including the HIV virus (not that thats really important) its just a really great versatile cleaner
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• FeBreeze! The best thing since sliced bread! LOL

Seriously, there's a laundry deodorizer version, I just add about an 1/8th of a capful to the softener section in my washer, and run a regular cycle. PERFECT! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I would use Arm & Hammer With Baking Soda Laundry Detergent. It leaves your clotes smelling fresh. It also gets alot of stains out.
    Mary67

Answer by Mary67 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• arm and hammer wash booster. soak it overnight in that....helps with the pit stains too
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• How are they getting a musty smell to begin with? Toss them in the machine as soon as you get home. Don't let them sit until you have a full load. And if you have no choice or the smell is that bad rinse them out at the gym while you're in the shower.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2009