thrush & supplements

My 4month old daughter and I have thrush. I was reading all the different natural was to treat us, so I went to the health food store and bought Jarro-Dophilus EPS because the cashier told me it was an Acidophilus. There were other bottles with Acidophilus written on the bottle, but this one doesn't say that exact word anywhere. Is this true and is it ok to take while I'm breastfeeding? I went and got the prescription for both of us, but is it ok to take this supplement as well? I tried to get the Gentian Violet but not a single pharmacy in town has it on hand. (I am having it ordered, it will be here by monday).

nico409ant

Asked by nico409ant at 8:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Acidophilus is safe while breastfeeding, just be sure to get a refrigerated one.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• really? why does it have to be refrigerated? so I guess the one i bought won't work then 'cause its not room temp?
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 8:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• The good bugs in Acidophilus can only live if they are kept refridgerated. This is very important as this one of the more volatile vitamins. GL and Acidophilus is fantastic. Take it always to maintain great digestive health and balance down there
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2009