ouch!!!

Has anyone ever experience really intense stomach cramping after eating while pregnant? It seems lately that some of the foods I eat do not agree with me at all. Spaghetti is probably the worst, and I'm guessing it has to do with the acidity from the sauce. Anyway, the intestinal/stomach cramping is so bad afterwards that I have to breathe through them like a contraction! If I drink chamomile tea it seems to calm it a little.. I know the obvious answer is to watch what I eat. Anyone else have a remedy?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be dairy. Even if you've never had a sensitivity to it before, the hormones of pregnancy can sometimes make you have issues with foods, and dairy is a big culprit of a lot of pregnancy digestive issues. It also sounds like some serious heartburn. Ask your DR first, but you can use antacids. That's what I did.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I thought it could be heartburn but I thought that was generally not in the intestinal area. You could be right though because my husband's side of the family tends to have babies with practically more hair than you and I have lol! Thanks for the advice.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• oh boy! i have that! but with carls jr. and homemade tacos (tmi) if u try just sitting on the toilet an try farting or going number 2 you may feel so much better...
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009