If I know someone who is cheating, should I tell their SO?

Okay, if I know for a fact that someone is cheating on their wife, should I tell her? She doesn't really know me but I was thinking of disguising myself or something to maybe get a message to her. IDK, it is a sad situation, there is also a baby involved (between the cheater and his wife). As far as I know, she has no idea that he is a cheater. What do you guys think I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Why do you feel the need to be involved in someone else's relationship? And how do you know she doesn't already know? There are alot of women that put up with this because of what they get out of the relationship.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• maybe send an anonymous letter or something so she knows and can check it out for herself, but then you dont have to get too involved.
    amy985

Answer by amy985 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Don't do it. I did it once and wound up being acused of all sorts of things. Ultimately they made up and I was out a friend. She'll figure it out soon enough. Cheaters always get caught eventually.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• that's a hard call, but I would probably try to tell her. I mean, she may not believe you, but I would want to know if I was being cheated on.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• That's a touchy subject. I think if you know her really well, then u might could tell her. However, I would advise against doing it anonymously. Also, be aware that getting involved in someone else's relationship can get nasty. They might make up, and team up against you! So I would only do it if I knew the woman very well, and even then tread carefully.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• i would want to know. I know that cheaters always get caught, but if she can find out before she gets an STD, that would be great. JMO.
    Anonymous

• IMO, yes
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• That is a difficult spot to be in, you have to be very careful- or your good deed could blow up in your face-- she could not believe you, she could accuse you of trying to take her man, he could deny it and claim you are lying....
    If you do not know this woman (or not very well) it might be best to stay out of it-- afterall she does not know you and she would have no reason to belive your or know you are telling the truth.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If it were my best friend, I still wouldn't tell them. Its none of my business. The fact that you barely seem to know her, is even more of a no to me.

Its their relationship, and if you don't know them, you might not know what arrangements they have in place.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• no.. stay out of it.. she'll think your just causing drama and stirring up trouble. and just get mad at you.. even if you aren't lying.

however you can talk to HIM about his cheating.. and talk him into coming clean.. or stopping because you've found out.. and if you can find out.. others can find out.. including his wife.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009