back pain...please help

ok im 38 wks pregnant and i have been getting back pain that comes and goes but when i have it it hurts so bad and last about an hour my doctor told me the ache is to high to be labor pains but however my mom told me when she was pregnant with me her whole back hurt when her body was getting ready for labor, i pain is about in the middle of my back but mostly on the right side....i was wondering could it just be that my body is just getting tired of carring a baby around or is it part of labor process starting

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 8:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink lots of water first all! With it being mostly on one side I would lean towards normal back pain and/or kidney pain. Put your feet up and relax as well. Also, adjusting your posture so that you are not putting as much pressure on your back may help. If changing positions and drinking lots of water doesn't help or you start getting other labor signs, then you may want to contact your doctor again. Good luck! I've had back pain since about my 30th week, so I know how much it stinks :(
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2009