When you see a police officer, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Two weeks ago, my husband had drill so right before he left he stopped at a restaurant for breakfast. He was in his army uniform and everyone pretty much came up to him at some point and thanked him for his service. Today, I meet him at that same restaurant after he got off from work. He was in his Sheriff's officer uniform and when he walked in nearly everyone scowled at him. If looks could kill, my husband would be dead. What gives? I mean I know there are some crooked cops out there, just like there are dishonest people in every profession. My husband does his job. If you are brought in for something, he will book you in. If you give him attitude then he will put you back in the holding cell until you can cooperate. So, I want to know what you think about police officers in general.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first thought is oh crap I am speeding!!! Because I always speed. I don't really do it if my daughter is in the car but if I am alone, I want to get where I am going as fast as I can. I am VERY impatient!!!
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• well, if I'm driving down the road, the first thing I think is, "oh crap, am I doing the speed limit??"
    && look down at the speedometer really quick lol

If I see one in a place of business, I really don't think too much about them at all. If they smile && say hi, then I smile && say hi back. other than that I just treat them like I would anyone else.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• If he pulls up behind me, I think "ZOMG PLEASE LET MY TAGS BE UP TO DATE!"

If I walk by him in a store, I give him a smile and a nod, just like I do everyone else.

If he's on the interstate with me, I let him go ahead of me.

If I drive by him and he's clocking MPH, I hold in my pee until he's out of sight. LOL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I'm sorry, my little brother was raped by a couple of police officers so it doesn't really impress me.
    Anonymous

• I think, OH CRAP I'm getting outta here!!! LOL JK!!
    Sometimes I think "Somebody must've been caught shoplifting" if I see them at the store. if I see them at a restaraunt, I think, they must be on lunch break. I know they are out there risking their lives for us, and who would everyone turn to if a gunman came in to shoot up the place or if they needed help? The cop, the man in uniform who carries a badge and a gun to protect us.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Anon 8;59, I am sorry that happend to your little brother. Police officers who are like that sicken me, but for the most part there are more good officers than bad.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• OMG I had to go to therapy last week. My psychiatrist was like "Oh, just so you know. There are a couple of police officers doing some business in the room next to me. Don't think that you're in trouble or anything."

O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I feel more safe if I see a police officer in a restaurant or a place of business, so I am likely to smile and nod to him/her. If I am driving, then I always let them pass lol! I think a lot of it is, we see when police officers here get in trouble a lot more in the headlines than we see "Police Officer does excellent job serving Community" .
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Crap!!! I'm speeding!! Don't come after me, don't come after me, don't come after me!!!!
    Chris0110

Answer by Chris0110 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Speed trap. Poor sucker got stuck doing the dumb job for the city lookin for revenue. Not much else.
    Anonymous