should i wear a girdle after giving birth?

my family keeps saying to wear a girdle and i have but i do not see any difference. can my stomach go bk to normal with out using a girdle? and what can i do to get my stomach bk to normal?

limestar13

Asked by limestar13 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think I'm going to wear one after birth. I have 5 more days left...and you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• a girdle will not make your stomach go back. All it does is hold you in..snugly if it's a heavy duty girdle. It will not help you regain muscle control.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• Ive never worn one, don't even know what they look like. all it will do as far as i know is make you "look" like you're skinnier. who is telling you to wear one? it is up to you. i thought girdles went out in the 60s.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• my grandmother always told me too. the women in my family did, and after all their kids they still look great
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• The girdle does help but diet and exercise realy does it !!
    2xmom2be

Answer by 2xmom2be at 6:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2008