Do you think the Chinese and Muslim terrorists can listen to our conversations through our baby monitors? (this is meant to be funny.)

My mom refused to let anyone get me a video baby monitor because she's convinced that spies will listen to my conversations through it. Seriously. Wow.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell her not to get a cell phone then :P I saw a tv show where they have equipment now that can tap into a cell phone conversation and listen to all of it. Seriously though, unless you have a double life you aren't letting anyone know about, then I doubt they would want to listen in. I know most of my conversations are so mundane they even put me to sleep occasionally! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I hope not! All they would hear over here is the sound of my breast pump every three hours!
    Anonymous

• lol Anon. That's pretty amusing. Um.. Yeah. That's a lotta craziness. Sounds like something my mom would say.
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 12:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I think more people can link into our baby monitors and cell phone communications than we realize.
    If our baby monitor can pick up a radio station and our neighbor's baby monitor, then I'm pretty sure that other people can pick ours up.
    Did you ever see that movie "Signs" with Mel Gibson and how they heard the clicking noises of the aliens speaking to each other on the baby monitor? Every so often I hear clicks like that on my granddaughter's monitor and think of that movie....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009