Weak Ankles?

Can someone really have weak ankles? It seems every 6 months I sprain an ankle. Very painful and swollen. It's almost as soon as the swelling goes down on one then I sprain the other. I was just walking in the house. That's it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Health

• Yes you can. I had to go to a doctor for mine. Get some of the 1pd weights for your ankles and that will help strengthen the muscles around your ankles and help with that a lot! You can gradually increase your weight, and it will also make your calves look nice and muscled.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Yes, I do and my son has Severs Disease which causes the tendons/muscles to grow slower than his bones are causing him to sprain his ankle and he has pain for most of the time. He went to PT and did exerecises. His PT and Sports Medicine doctor told him to walk, wear shoes that fit properly, and strengthen his ankles and legs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2009