This curtain?

I just ordered 2 yards of this fabric to make a panel curtain. We have a smallish window that goes just above our couch. I was going to just do one panel and tie it off to the side of the window due to the expense of the fabric. Would it look weird to only have one panel? The window is maybe 52 inches wide. I know some windows only have one panel but they are usually smaller.

http://www.superbuzzy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88_89&products_id=3778

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• well the good news is if it does look wierd you can always do the other side later when you have the money ;) im sure it will look fabulous. I have also seen people have like a drape of fabric for a valance and then coming down the side and it really embellished the one panel look
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I would make a valance (2 or 3 of them--depending on how heavy the fabric is, and about 14-16 inches long) instead of a single panel. You could then add white or soft tinted sheer panel(s) as an underlayer, which can be purchased cheaply at Walmart (or equivalent).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2009